Thursday, May 3, 2012

Teapot

I started my wheel-throwing ceramics class today! Yea! And I definitely suck at wheel-throwing! Yea! It may have been a little ambitious to start an intermediate throwing class, since it's been about 7 years since I've been on a wheel. It's really the first time in my life that I feel comfortable being the worst student in the class. I couldn't be more excited to learn. I'll be sure to document my progress. 


This is my first finished teapot from my handbuilding class (and kitty, of course). I built it from two pinch-pots molded together, then I added the base, lid, spout, and handle. I'm actually really happy with it. The lid broke prior to bisque-fire, which meant I had to made another with wet clay. The trick was anticipating how it would fit on the shrunken bone-dry base. Lucky for me, I guessed right. Fits like a glove!



3 comments: